March/April 2004 edition of Arcturus magazine now online

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
20 years 2 months ago #2219 by johnflannery
hi everyone,

many thanks for your patience as I struggled to get the latest issue finished with a wayward mouse that was ready to get its marching orders!

I've uploaded the latest edition of Arcturus to the FILES section (look in the Arcturus subdirectory) or you can get it directly with the following link;

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...22018-arc_mar_04.pdf

feel free to drop me a note with any comments or suggestions. Remember, it's your magazine so any contributions, however small, are always welcome.

Club Secretaries should also send meeting details or club news to myself or David Bell.

best,

John Flannery,
SDAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #2229 by ctr
excellent e-zine, well done to all involved.

61 particals.....wow!

Found this on askaboutmoney so a few more need to be added.

enjoy :lol:

God bless the internet and God bless Al Gore for inventing the internet. How else would I have known that weird science had recently identified the densest element in the Universe. It is tentatively being called “Administratium.” It has no protons or electrons and therefore has the atomic number zero. It does, however, have one neutron, fifteen assistant neutrons, eighty-eight deputy neutrons, and 117 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 221. These 221 particles are held together by exchanges of even smaller particles called morons which, in turn, are surrounded by a cloud of thousands of satellite particles called peons.

Because Administratium has no electrons it is inert. Its presence can be detected by its retarting effect on every action that attempts to happen near it. For example, a reaction that would normally have completed itself in only three nanoseconds, required six days for completion when in the presence of a tiny bit of Administratium.

Administratium appears to be amazingly stable; it does not decay but undergoes continual reorganization. Consequently, some of the assistant neutrons, deputy neutrons and assistant deputy neutrons exchange places. Stranger still, Administratium’s density will actually increase over time, since each reorganization causes some morons to become neutrons, creating new isodopes. This curious characteristic of moron promotion has led some deep thinkers to speculate that Administratium forms spontaneously whenever morons reach a certain concentration or “critical morass.”

The amount of Administratium in the Universe is forever increasing. You’ll know it when you see it!

Thomas Clough
No copyright this time. Just take it and say you saw it on WeirdRepublic.com

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds