• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 2 months ago #24693 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: South Dublin meeting on 2nd March
hi folks,

if somebody organises a meeting somewhere that will allow people going to the eclipse to meet up for a chat and a pint then I'm all for it. As it stands, the SDAS pre-eclipse meeting is a celebration of solar eclipses and because our membership is open to all without any subscription fee then anyone is welcome come along on March 9th.

there will be some discussion on Antalya, etc. but because some of our members are going to Libya and Nigeria we cannot solely focus on the Turkey trip. The meeting is where people will learn about solar eclipses, what they are, how to photography them, and what you will experience at the eclipse.

the night consists of a series of lectures, not everyone sitting around pint in hand . . . though we may do that afterwards :wink:

anyway, I hope I hear no more nonsense along the lines of whether this is an IFAS or SDAS event as I've seen mentioned in some posts. It's a get-together of sorts . . . a night of short lectures and an eclipse documentary . . . and is open to people whether they are on the eclipse trip(s) or staying home.

John (Flannery)
Chairperson,
South Dublin Astronomical Society

are hardly going to go to Dublin for a 2 hour talk?!?!?

I've gone to Tullamore for a 2 hour talk Seanie . . . oh, wait . . . I was giving the talk :) Sorry, couldn't resist :) . . . hope you might make it along on the night but as mentioned, hopefully the eclipse booklet I'll post up will give some useful background info to people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #24865 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: South Dublin meeting on 2nd March
I'd planned to be at the SDAS meeting on the 2nd but last minute family stuff intervened. Although I'm not going to Turkey (boo! hoo!) I still hope to get to the meeting on the 9th to pick up some tips on viewing from here.
The SDAS can only be commended for organisising and inviting all to this meeting - Fair Dues!!

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 2 months ago #24875 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: South Dublin meeting on 2nd March
hi John,

good morning!

looking forward to seeing you on the 9th.

John

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds