• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 11 months ago #2708 by johnflannery
May/June 2004 edition of Arcturus now online was created by johnflannery
hi everyone,

I have uploaded the May/June edition of Arcturus to its own subdirectory within the FILES section of this board. The direct link to take you to the download is;

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...46344-arc_may_04.pdf

many thanks to all those people who contribution to this edition. The feature articles include an interview with well-known astronomy author Phil Harrington, a tour of some seasonal double stars, the search for solar neutrinos, a history of comets, and the transit of Venus article reprinted from January's Arcturus because it is topical (and new forum members may not have read it previously).

as always, if you've any material you would like to contribute then feel free to mail me at any stage. I am out of the country from May 15th to June 7th though.

happy reading!

John Flannery,
SDAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2710 by albertw
Hi,

Another great issue of Arcturus! I've been informed that there are a couple of small inaccuracies in the piece on the iSCAN meeting though. The following is a corrected version:

The Irish Science Centres Awareness Network has the theme of starting young for its next meeting, on 15 May 2004, at Collins Barracks, Dublin. Speakers will include Jerome Krause (formerly design director, Ontario Science Centre and consultant to the new Glasgow Science Centre) and Dr Christine Domegan and Carol Gleeson from Galway's new Children's Discovery Museum. More details of the meeting at www.iscan.ie/events.htm .

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 11 months ago #2711 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: May/June 2004 edition of Arcturus now online
hi Al,

many thanks for the kind words and for the article as well for the current issue. Thanks too for those corrections -- it promises to be a very interesting iSCAN meeting but I'll miss it unfortunately. Isn't Phil Harrington's interview brilliant? It's a great read and his passion for the hobby shines through. Thanks again Shane for the piece.

re: the post about Irish astronomer of the year, I wonder would anyone donate us an asteroid to be named after the winner :)

will be sending out a post tomorrow about the forthcoming SDAS meeting this Thursday. We're also going to tie in with the IAS for the lunar eclipse event in Sandymount -- might see ya there . . .

John

• kiosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #16323 by kiosk
Anonymous Proxy ? What's that ? In most cases, general purposes proxy servers ( from proxy list ) do inform the target server about the address of the computer that made the request, transmitting the IP-address and other personal information to the website. But among different kinds of proxy servers ( from proxy list ) there are so called anonymous proxy servers ( from proxy list ) that can hide your IP address, which is a unique ID assigned to identify your location, as well as many other personal information, thereby saving you from vulnerabilities related to it.: www.socksproxylist.com

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds