K-Tec

solar eclipse 2006

More
19 years 5 months ago #5942 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: solar eclipse 2006
Al,
You're WAY ahead of things!
Relax! :wink:
Wait for the Budget Travel sale in early 2006 and book then.
No point in booking now.
Clear skies,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5943 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: solar eclipse 2006
Folks - anyone considering going to the Annular eclipse, October 2005? Spain seems a good bet...

Cheers
Dave

More
19 years 5 months ago #5945 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re: solar eclipse 2006
Yeah, going to Pego, Spain for the annular. Clear skies aren't guaranteed but I'd take Spain at that time of year over an Irish "summer". Madrid would seem a good option too.

2006: I'm going to the Sahara Deset, Libya to the specific intercept of the 2005 annular and 2006 total. Very high probability of good conditions. The only drawback is the possibility of sandstorms. In that case, we'd have to find some high ground.

Oh, while we're at it:
2008: Mongolia
2009: China
2010: Easter Island
2012: Cairns, Australia
23rd September 2090: The Kerry Coast
(8 days after my 107th birthday)

More
19 years 5 months ago #5952 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: solar eclipse 2006
For anyone potentially interested, the path of totality also includes the Greek Isle of Kastellorizo in the southeastern aegean. The maximum totality is indeed in Lybia for something like 4 minutes ... the same for Kastellorizo is 2.5 minutes.

Nevertheless, I will be in Kastellorizo at the risk of stating the obvious and hope to see some of you there as well!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
19 years 5 months ago #6002 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic Travel abroad

going to ANY Arab country

I dont believe this, im off to Agidir next month, it will be my third visit and have always been treated very well, in fact ill go to say that id prefer to travel there than to subject myself to fingerprinting by US immigration officials to prove im not a terrorist when their nationals are free to travel here without the same degrading treatment.
You are watching too much Sky Tv :?
Charles

More
19 years 5 months ago #6064 by cobyrne
Replied by cobyrne on topic Re: solar eclipse 2006

I won't be goining anywhere. the chances of myself and my boyfriend going to ANY Arab country, even Turky, is NILL!

My sister lives and works in Turkey (north of Istanbul), and she loves it! I've visited her a number of times, and I love it too. Turkey is truly not like Saudi Arabia, which I visited in 1988. Whereas the difference in treatment of women between the west and Saudi Arabia was extremely obvious, I could not see any difference in the treatment of women between the west and Turkey, and my sister has certainly never mentioned anything.

Turkey is trying very hard to be a secular Muslim state, and I think they are achieving it, in spite of the huge pressures that this generates for them. I think they deserve our support.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds