K-Tec

Open Invitation to EAE Summer Star Parties-Mt Parnon, GREECE

More
15 years 9 months ago #71146 by Calibos
Yiannis

There is something wrong with the first picture. All I can see to the left of the table is a big white glow! :wink:

I'd say when the guys landed back at Dublin Airport they felt right at home. Clouds, clouds, clouds and torrential rain.......Ah the Irish Summer. You've got to love it. :roll:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #71147 by michaeloconnell

1) A very nice NASA hat - I keep it...
2) A white sleeveless undervest - I keep it even I haven't tattoo on my arm :lol:
3) A grey color underwear - I keep it too...
4) An electronic shaving machine - I'll think in future...
5) We haven't checked all cars yet!

Ah, that explains alot!
My bag got torn and some items must have fallen out. I only discovered the tear in the bag when I arrived at the airport. Main thing there is the electric razor. I'll send you a pm about this.

A very nice green ball, in the shape of an elliptical galaxy, with a shamrock stamp! Found in Leonidas's car.

I expect to see the start of the Greek rugby team :)...although don't start playing with the ball near the telescopes...:)

More
15 years 9 months ago #71151 by michaeloconnell

Don't worry guys,
my luxury car has VIP services for two extra persons! :roll: :roll: :roll:

cache.wists.com/thumbnails/c/de/cdec004f...32101703b706dd8-orig

Have a nice flight!
Dear friends,
Finally the above VIP services enjoyed by Michael O & Dave G.
I don't know what happened to the other two :)

I think they fell out somewhere along the way along with the razor! :)

BTW, I think you have the best car. MUCH better than the Punto! :P

More
15 years 9 months ago #71155 by yiannis_ef

BTW, I think you have the best car. MUCH better than the Punto! :P

Michael,
It was only one car -mine, which was the Chairman's limo and three luggage vans for the security staff and those large suitcases :lol:

"Will you be Eclipsed?"

C U @ Novosibirsk 2008.08.01 10:45UT

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 9 months ago #71158 by DaveGrennan
Hi All (and especially our new Greek friends)

If I began to try and express the generousity of our Greek hosts I would fail miserably. I have never before been made feel so welcome in all my life. So to all my new greek friends, to Vagelis, Yiannis, Leon, Katarina, Stella, Stafanos, Georges, Dora, Stelios, Adonis, Dimitris. (and all others). I'm sure you will forgive me if I save a very special thank you to the lovely Kiriakee (Frau Cula) :D (spelling?).. So all I can do is say the biggest thank you for your kindness, for the lovely food, for making such a big effort to speak to us in english, but most importantly of all ,for your friendship which is something I will always treasure.

Σας ευχαριστώ για όλα. Θα σας θυμηθώ όλοι για πάντα.

I hope to get to look at some photos this evening and will post these as soon as possible.

As for the astronomy, I will never forget that sky, to see the ground lit by the milky way is something every one needs to see at some point. As Mt Parnon is at Latitude 37degrees north, you get to see a lot more of the southern milky way in Sagittarius and Scorpius. The entire constellation of Scorpius is quite a sight to see. Wonderful as the astronomy was, the company of all those wonderful people is what I will remember most of Mt. Parnon July 2008.

I do hope you all will come to Ireland sometime soon so we can at least begin to return the kindness.

Vagelis/Yiannis/Leon: As a last favour would it be possible to send the guys email addresses please as I stupidly forgot to ask for these before we left. If possible please send to dave (at) webtreatz (dot) com

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• DaveGrennan
More
15 years 9 months ago #71159 by DaveGrennan

ena-dio-tria! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to share the 'private' joke here. The beautiful Katarina is an avid photographer, before she would take a shot, she would say ena-dio-tria(crespi) (one-two-three-cheers). I suggested that when the eclipse is about to be total in Novo, Katarina might be heard ti say the same thing :)

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds