K-Tec

Open Invitation to EAE Summer Star Parties-Mt Parnon, GREECE

More
15 years 11 months ago #67256 by ayiomamitis

Excellent Dave!
That makes 3 of you allready, coming in July: Michael, Dave and Bernadette :D

Hey don't forget about me!

My buddy Grennan is coming to Greece in July? Oh man, this is awesome!!!

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #67277 by nectarine

Dave Grennan wrote:

Excellent Dave!
That makes 3 of you allready, coming in July: Michael, Dave and Bernadette :D

My car is going in for some heavy duty maintenance/repairs this Thursday (already failed its NCT twice!) which could end up costing me a packet so unfortunately, my flight plans for Greece are on hold untill I see what the damage is and whether I still have enough pennies left over. Fingers crossed that I can still make it....... :(

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

More
15 years 11 months ago #67439 by EPK
Mmm....pity I missed this earlier,as I'll be in Greece (Corfu, mind) from July 7th-14th with my daughter to start teaching her scuba diving, and possibly be back sometime later in the year if I can afford it.
However, any further excursions, I might be up for them.

Meade 16" Lightbridge
Tal 6" Newtonian
Meade LXD75 6" Newtonian
Tal 4" Refractor
Panoptic and Nagler eyepieces.
Attitude and Smartassery

For forever and a day I shall chase that white whale - Captain Ahab

More
15 years 11 months ago #67531 by leon
Hi everybody,I am back in Athens now.I stayed only 1 day in Dublin,so I could not meet anyone alse.It was a fantastic observing night with Daves teleskope.Dave and Frank,thank You very much.I had never looked at the night sky with such a big teleskope.And it was dark enought out there.I had the feeling that I was observing with the Hubble teleskope.
I hope to see many of You fellows in Greece this summer.
All astronomers on Earth are sharing Saturn,Albireo,the ring nebular and all the beauty of the sky.I feeld like I was observing with my friends here in Greece.It was all about that to observ next,what eyepiece to use and so on.We have all the same interrest for astronomy,so it is easy to have a good time,even when we live far away from each other and are speaking differend languages.
Astronomy is a good way to make friends on all the world. :D

More
15 years 11 months ago #67548 by JohnMurphy
Leon,

Hope you enjoyed Ireland - see you in June I hope.

BTW - Any other Irish going in June or am I the only one?

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 11 months ago #67576 by Vagelis Tsamis
Hi!
Today I made a reservation for you, John Murphy! I ‘ve sent you a pm. Athinais Hotel. See you on June 5th! Anyone else for June?

For July and August travelers, we have 2 options:

Plan A
We pick you up from Athens Airport upon your arrival, give you a lift to a hotel*, then you take some rest, and in the evening we all go out for dinner and/or a drink at downtown Athens historical center, enjoying the view of Acropolis. In the next morning, we pick you up from the hotel and we drive to the observing site. We arrive at about noon.

* A very good choice is Athinais Hotel (I heartfully recommend it) www.athinaishotel.gr/default_en.htm
It's nice and clean, situated by a metro station (subway), it’s not far from city center, and it’s very convenient for picking you up on our way to Parnon the next morning. Prices: Single room 65 euros, double or twin room 80 euros, triple room 96 euros (all prices include breakfast).
Or it could be Crystal City Hotel www.crystalcityhotelathens.com/en/index.php (not really better, just a bit more expensive). Or something else of your choice, if you find smth in the internet.

Plan B
We pick you up from Athens Airport and we drive directly to the observing site. We arrive well after midnight. No observing, because we will all be tired. We just settle ourselves in the George Pierce refuge. In the next morning we start enjoying our 4 days in heaven.

Which plan do you prefer?

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds