K-Tec

Feedback from abroad on the Observing Challenges

More
19 years 4 months ago #6803 by voyager
OK, crisis averted!

The observing challenge are now safely housed on the NUI Maynooth net soc ( www.minds.nuim.ie ) server. Dowload away!

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #6804 by jhonan
Sorry I couldn't offer any bandwidth on the .com server Bart, but I'm being hammered with my own limits over there (serves me right for hosting Irish Trad mp3's, and shareware .exe's... Both guaranteed to generate excess traffic :roll: )

I'm having to juggle available bandwidth between sites on a daily basis.

I think in the hosting business, bandwidth is much more valuable/costly than disk space. I never have a problem with disk space, only with bandwidth.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 4 months ago #6807 by voyager

Sorry I couldn't offer any bandwidth on the .com server Bart, but I'm being hammered with my own limits over there (serves me right for hosting Irish Trad mp3's, and shareware .exe's... Both guaranteed to generate excess traffic :roll: )

I'm having to juggle available bandwidth between sites on a daily basis.

I know that feeling! Don't worry about it.

I think in the hosting business, bandwidth is much more valuable/costly than disk space. I never have a problem with disk space, only with bandwidth.

Definitely, disk spave is cheap, band width is bloody expensive. I have to pay 5 Euro plus VAT per gig per month over my limmit, not at all pleasent!

More
19 years 4 months ago #6810 by albertw

OK, crisis averted!

The observing challenge are now safely housed on the NUI Maynooth net soc ( www.minds.nuim.ie ) server. Dowload away!

I can host on netsoc.ucd.ie also, at the end of the HEAnet pipe so there should be no bandwidth problems (unless downloads get really silly!)

Its more educational than what takes up most of heanets bandwidth ;-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 4 months ago #6812 by voyager

OK, crisis averted!

I can host on netsoc.ucd.ie also, at the end of the HEAnet pipe so there should be no bandwidth problems (unless downloads get really silly!)

Its more educational than what takes up most of heanets bandwidth ;-)

Cheers,
~Al

If we need mirroring I may take you up on that but realistically I think that would be massive over-kill.

The MiNDS> server is also right on HEAnet and has equivalent conectivity to TCD's netsoc so I'm pretty sure we have a workable solution now.

Bart.

More
19 years 4 months ago #6831 by cobyrne

well done to everyone on the Observing Challenges team . . . take a bow . . .

Yes. When I saw the handbooks at WSP, all I could say was "wow". That is, until I saw the price, then I said "WOW!!!" :)

It's truly a world-class piece of work - well done everyone!

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds