K-Tec

Waterford City & County Website

More
19 years 3 months ago #7451 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Great Stuff Eugene!, as a fellow deiseman, i've been looking forward to this site opening up, if you want contributions, I can add a few images taken from Deiseland in the past!! :D

Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #7461 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic Congrats
Congrats Eugene on the launch of the Desie Web site! Its looking good.

Liam

• Eugene Burke
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 3 months ago #7466 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: Waterford City & County Website
Thanks for the words of encouragement and offers of assistance ,all of which are greatly appreciated,but I'm only the "front man". Special thanks must go to Tom Doherty,Eamon Molloy,his brother and associates in WIT in developing the site.We hope it will become a useful vehicle for the promotion of astronomy in the area.
I have been and will still continue to submit regular articles to the local press and shall also put them on the site.
We have been getting very good feedback from the general public re the articles and the publishing of various web sites and info re astro events,including IFAS ones.
So much so that only this week an amateur archaeoligist approached me to inform me of the discovery of a set of standing stones in the Comeragh Mountains that line up with the summer & winter solstices,any one interested we can organise field trips,these have been observed over the past 4 to 5 years.
At the moment I'm working on an article to cover the comet, the Huygens insertion and I also give the flyover timings for the ISS - FREE - !!!:wink:
I have tried the EXPHREM site for current predictions/charts of the comet but havn't hit the correct link --- any tips Seanie ?
Thanks again everyone and have a clear 2005

Eugene

More
19 years 3 months ago #7523 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Waterford City & County Website

an amateur archaeoligist approached me to inform me of the discovery of a set of standing stones in the Comeragh Mountains that line up with the summer & winter solstices,any one interested we can organise field trips,these have been observed over the past 4 to 5 years.

I have tried the EXPHREM site for current predictions/charts of the comet but havn't hit the correct link --- any tips Seanie ?

I'd love to go down there again Eugene, after the chance you guys gave me back in September. I went up to the Mahon Falls down there in the Comeragh. Spent about an hour just sitting beside the waterfalls! Beautiful, unspoilt landscape - with some sheep hundreds of feet above us somehow not falling off the sheer cliff faces!

Your attempts at the EXPHREM site - could that be the exephem site? If so, then Albert is the man to ask, not me!

:)

Please organise something soon for the Comeragh - I've been working all Christmas, and now that I am finished, I am crippled with the flu!! :( A weekend away down there again would be right up my street!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 3 months ago #7524 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Waterford City & County Website
Seanie

We might even open a restaurant for you :P

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 3 months ago #7526 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Waterford City & County Website

Seanie

We might even open a restaurant for you :P

Conor

THAT was a strange night alright! Had to content ourselves with apples and crisps, and 2 Capri-Sun's before we got back to the B&B around midnight! Never went to bed so hungry in a while as I did that night!

:lol: :lol:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds