K-Tec

TAS on the radio !

More
19 years 2 months ago #9601 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS on the radio !
It is great to finally have a "voice" on local radio. I've been trying for almost a year, but the show producer's predecessor claimed they had an AI agreement, which the new station manager and Fran Curry said is balls - they are a local station, and want to support local community organisations.

As a side note to this, it was Sean McKenna in TAS who got the manager of the station to get in touch with me about it, so Sean Mac got the ball rolling.

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lionsden
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 2 months ago #9622 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: TAS on the radio !

As a side note to this, it was Sean McKenna in TAS who got the manager of the station to get in touch with me about it, so Sean Mac got the ball rolling.

Seanie.

Well done to both Seans then!
Seanie, do you reckon you'll get on again before COSMOS and do a little shameless promotion?!!! :D

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9623 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: TAS on the radio !
I think alot of credit is due to Seanie for this one.
He's been trying so hard to get TAS on the local radio and finally his efforts are paying off.
Great work Seanie. You've finally got rid of AI's so called "exclusive deal"!

More
19 years 2 months ago #9638 by Seanie_Morris

do you reckon you'll get on again before COSMOS and do a little shameless promotion?!!! :D

Definitely. I will probably be sending an email a week to the station with related news pieces that they might find interesting enough to have in their local news bulletins after the IRN News.
The Tullamore Tribune is also up for a full pagge feature on the club, so If I can make the two coincide a week or two before Cosmos, we'll be laughing!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9640 by Seanie_Morris
Thanks for the kind words Mike, but don't forget, there is a team effort involved in getting the club promoted too!

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds