K-Tec

And the IFAS Astronomer of 2013 is...

• carlobeirnes
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
More
10 years 3 months ago #99829 by carlobeirnes
Replied by carlobeirnes on topic And the IFAS Astronomer of 2013 is...
Thanks for the very kind comments everyone it means a lot. Astronomy is what I do and love, and to be able to pass that limited knowledge on to the next person is very important to me. I remember when I was starting off myself and the amount of encouragement and support I got from people is something I’ll never forget. Opening the Shop with Jamal and Karl Just seemed like the next step on that journey. I’ve also got to meet the most incredible people through the years and became very close friends, all because we have one thing in common this hobby. Astronomy is buzzing in Ireland we have a really great mixture, from guys who go out every time it’s clear and find new near Earth asteroids and new super novas. To the people who love double stars, drawing and sketching, astrophotography, visual astronomy, and the people who just go out and wonder what’s up there. This to me is what astronomy is all about, not to be the best, but to make a difference in people’s lives. For that one moment when people look through a telescope and see what’s up there for that spilt second they forget all their problems life handed them. To me this is what astronomy is all about.
Clear Skies,
Carl O’Beirnes

Carl O’Beirnes,
Scopes and Space Ltd,
Unit A8 Airside Enterprise Centre,
Swords, Co Dublin,
Ireland.
www.scopesandspace.ie/
www.facebook.com/scopesandspace
twitter.com/ScopesandSpace
www.youtube.com/user/ScopesandSpace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #99834 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic And the IFAS Astronomer of 2013 is...
Carl - warm congratulations for receiving the award. You have always been fully committed to the hobby and to your fellow strugglers in astronomy :-) I think there are many people here who would attest to your generosity in freely giving your time up in terms of advice and guidance on some of the really interesting imaging projects and in choosing (and fixing) equipment. You have helped, coaxed and cajoled many people here on the boards and further afield.

Richly deserved for you longstanding 'service'.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds