Astronomers may have detected first starlight

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 5 months ago #17505 by Seanie_Morris
Astronomers may have detected first starlight was created by Seanie_Morris
Researchers from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland believe they have captured traces of radiation from long-extinguished stars that were "born" during the universe's infancy.

The research represents the first tangible -- but not conclusive evidence of these earliest stars, which are thought to have produced the raw materials from which future stars, including our sun, were created.

The Big Bang, the explosion believed to have created the universe, is thought to have occurred 13.7 billion years ago. About 100 million years later, hydrogen atoms began to merge and ignite, creating brightly burning stars. Just what these stars were like wasn't clear.

full Story Here

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #17511 by voyager
I've heard a few pod casts about this and read some stories and it all seem a bit far fetched to me. "The light isn't coming from anything we can think of so it must be coming form what we want to think it comes from". I'll wait for some stronger proof!

BB

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds