another CMB question, from Hawkings book

• fguihen
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 5 months ago #35377 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: another CMB question, from Hawkings book
another question!!! during which phase of the birth of the universe were electrons born? these are needed to create matter, and in the wiki article i can see where protons and neutrons came from during baryogenysis, and then nuclei during nucelosynthesys, but where/ when were the electrons formed?

"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." Dilbert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #35398 by pmgisme
Replied by pmgisme on topic Re: another CMB question, from Hawkings book
Quick comment:

The word "Electron" was first coined by the Irish Physicist George Johnston Stoney at Galway University in 1874.

Where did electrons come from ?

They came from Galway of course.

Like myself.

Peter.

More
17 years 5 months ago #35403 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: another CMB question, from Hawkings book

another question!!! during which phase of the birth of the universe were electrons born? these are needed to create matter, and in the wiki article i can see where protons and neutrons came from during baryogenysis, and then nuclei during nucelosynthesys, but where/ when were the electrons formed?

I'm not sure but I think electrons came into being at the same time as quarks which I think was right at the start.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 5 months ago #35468 by Son Goku
Replied by Son Goku on topic Re: another CMB question, from Hawkings book

When the electronuclear force seperated into the strong and electroweak forces. Before then quarks and an electrons were one single particle.

Insert phrase said by somebody else.

• fguihen
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 5 months ago #35485 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: another CMB question, from Hawkings book
so am i to understand that quarks and electrons are much the same types of particles?i thought quarks made up the baryon particles ( protons,neutrons etc)?

"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." Dilbert.

More
17 years 5 months ago #35486 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: another CMB question, from Hawkings book

so am i to understand that quarks and electrons are much the same types of particles?i thought quarks made up the baryon particles ( protons,neutrons etc)?

No, they are not the same particles now, but they were while the Nuclear forces were unified ... at least that's how I understand it.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds