K-Tec

Pillars of creation obliterated

More
17 years 2 months ago #40179 by pmgisme
Replied by pmgisme on topic Re: Pillars of creation obliterated
"Tachyons" are proposed particles which travel faster than light and backwards in time.

A vehicle which travels at 750,000 times the speed of light Fguihen?
Sure that's too simple altogether!

Can't you think of something a bit more ambitious Fguihen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #43918 by ciderman
Replied by ciderman on topic Re: Pillars of creation obliterated
The whole thing just confuses the mind, our narrow belief in simultaneous events, astronomically seen to be divided by the unbreachable speed of light, unless the particles are entangled and can communicate information instantly, then it all gets interesting again.
Spooky action at a distance.
And the whole geometry of the universe could mean that if you could travel far and fast enough not only could you arrive back at your starting point but also have your left and right reversed, all points translated into a perfect mirror image of the old you!
And I concur with the 1000 year old people thing, although it will result in some creative social upheavals, hmm, make long term investments intriguing. Although probably only the rich will aford them and you'll end up with some scifi dystopia with flying cars, facist police and talking kangaroos!

What do you do if you see a spaceman?

Park in it Man!

More
17 years 1 week ago #44873 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: Pillars of creation obliterated
ambitious!! indeed, but there are many very smart people out there so im hoping some of those will do it. but forget about the complete absurdity of my statement for a minute. if you could travel that speed, could you , theoritically get back to before the event happened? Stephen hawking talks some on this in his book. i think his example is two planets, four light years apart, there is an event happening simultaneously on each planet. if they have telescopes huge enough to allow them to see the event on the other planet, they will have to wait 4 years to see the event, but if one planet had a ship that could travel the distance to the other planet in lets say 3 years, and leaves right after their event concludes, they could get to teh other planet before that event begins. i think thats how he phrased it however il have to look again. this stuff makes my head hurt.

"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." Dilbert.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds