K-Tec

AP: First detection of extra-solar terrestial sized planet?

More
17 years 3 days ago #45080 by philiplardner
WooHoo - the ultimate holiday destination - with the planet in synchronous rotation the sun will never set on all those lovely sandy beaches. Just think, 312 hours of sunshine every day... followed by more of the same, and an entire hemisphere dedicated to restaurants and partying and exotic night life! Man, I can't wait to pack... now where did I put my bucket and spade?

Phil :D

Mind you, this would be a singles destination only. Can you just imagine the kids whinging in the back seat of the star-trolley "Are we there yet... are we there yet... are we there yet?" :twisted:

Check list for packing:
Bucket
Spade
Thong
Suncream
Alkaseltzer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 days ago #45093 by Seanie_Morris
By the way, for the first time in a loooong time, this story (any astronomy story) has made it to the front page of a daily newspaper. I saw today's Daily Mail carrying a photo and headline of this story.

:idea:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 2 days ago #45094 by voyager

By the way, for the first time in a loooong time, this story (any astronomy story) has made it to the front page of a daily newspaper. I saw today's Daily Mail carrying a photo and headline of this story.

:idea:

That's great!

We've also had a rush of new members today, more than any other single day I can remember (only counting legit users of course, not spam bots). Wonder if that's somehow related to this story?

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 2 days ago #45096 by JohnONeill
Replied by JohnONeill on topic Speculation
Hi,

And they are even talking about that the inhabitants would need strong bones to overcome the stronger than Earth gravity.

The more things change the more they remain the same ... (rememeber the canals and pumping stations on Mars).

John

More
17 years 2 days ago #45102 by dmcdona
There'll be a sounbite on RTE 1 Radio - Mooney - jusr after 3pm...

Cheers

Dave

More
17 years 2 days ago #45103 by dmcdona

One has to smile at the words "only 20 light years".
It would take hundreds of thousands,if not millions,of years for our fastest space probes to cross that vast gulf.

Peter.

5 billion years using our fasted manned spacecraft.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds