K-Tec

HST gets confirmation image of first extra solar planet

More
19 years 3 months ago #7901 by Seanie_Morris

Thanks for that tip Seanie, seems to be working ok for me.

Well thas good! The first time I tried it, it didn't quite work for me. Could have been something I have set between AVG, Spybot, Norton etc, but I just re-installed Firefox and it sorted out the glitches from the tampering!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #7912 by Johnno
Yeah Seanie,
Mozilla/Firefox now installed and working fine. :D It's definitely the way to go.
It takes all your settings, favs and links from your I.E.
Revisited the site and Firefox informed me that it was blocking pop-ups from the site.
Thanks for the tip
regards
Johnno

Kildare Astronomy Society
www.kildareastronomy.com

More
19 years 3 months ago #7913 by Johnno
Seanie,
BTW that new avatar looks like a close up of the newly discovered exoplanet.
8)
Johnno

Kildare Astronomy Society
www.kildareastronomy.com

More
19 years 3 months ago #7918 by finnjim2001

Yeah Seanie,
Mozilla/Firefox now installed and working fine. :D It's definitely the way to go.
It takes all your settings, favs and links from your I.E.
Revisited the site and Firefox informed me that it was blocking pop-ups from the site.
Thanks for the tip
regards
Johnno

one problem i have found is the use of macrosoft database created pages. firefox doesn't seem to handle them too well.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

More
19 years 3 months ago #7924 by Seanie_Morris

one problem i have found is the use of macrosoft database created pages. firefox doesn't seem to handle them too well.

I think this is something that both Firefox and Netscape are going through with tune-ups. Firefox does have a slight problem with certain Macro content, but its currently being revised. And the speed at which the current version 1.0 came out after 0.93beta with the pop-up blocker among other things, I'd say it will be very soon that Firefox will be 100%.

As for Netscape, it is having problems with many pages written in css (Sacade Syle Sheet) format (a handy new addition to Dreamweaver MX 2004 users). But again, that is something Netscape is coming close to cracking.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds