K-Tec

get off my asteriod

More
20 years 5 months ago #1092 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: get off my asteriod
I have the deeds to the sun (among my collection of bridges, cheap at half the price). Now, I've been sending out bills to various countries for energy used - feel that warmth on a sunny day, you owe me some money buster! They wouldn't pay up, said they didn't like the service and wanted it discontinued ... since this couldn't be done, the bill had to be cancelled. But I've got me boys working on it, those dark spots you've seen all over the sun recently - we're switching the bugger off!

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #1096 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: get off my asteriod

feel that warmth on a sunny day

sunny ... today??? I'm owed a refund!!! :wink:

ah, the debate brings back memories of the tongue-firmly-in-cheek comment on the US Senate downsizing the Solar System. Click on -- www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/solarsys.htm -- to see what I mean!

John F.
SDAS

More
20 years 5 months ago #1097 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: get off my asteriod
No offense lads...but come on...the sun, local group, Andromeda...now what are you gonna do with them?? Lets be realistic here...how many of you will ever go to the Andromeda Galaxy...one perhaps, two mabey - but that's about it. And what'll you do when you get there? - you won't have the internet, or e-mail, and from what I hear Vodafone have yet to extend coverage there...so how do you ever expect to live there.
No no, waaayy too complicated. I'm more in favour of the cheap and cheerful option myself - I'm gonna buy an acre on the moon. www.universal-gifts.com/shop/moon_property.html
Now, not just any acre - i'm gonna splash out and invest a whopping $36.00 for an acre on Mare Tranquillitatis. Once I've a visitor centre built you've all most welcome. I'll even offer a discount to IFAS members. Wanna see Neil Armstrong's footprints...go hiking along the the Montes Secchi mountain chain and the distinctive Rupes Cauchy faultline. Perfect location for the average family holiday. And with approx 15 days of continuous sunshine, what more could you ask for! Entry fee is a bargan price @ 100 million euro per person. Please forward all cheques to......

More
20 years 5 months ago #1099 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: get off my asteriod

sean i have laid claim to the local group so be prepared for a fight in court ;).
Stephen.

Now hold on Stephen... I want to see PROOF that you own MY part of the Local Group :wink: I'm prepared to fight this one out y'know... :P

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
20 years 5 months ago #1100 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: get off my asteriod

No no, waaayy too complicated. I'm more in favour of the cheap and cheerful option myself - I'm gonna buy an acre on the moon....

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the Moon is mine too... I want it ALL I tell you... :roll:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
20 years 5 months ago #1101 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: get off my asteriod

feel that warmth on a sunny day

sunny ... today??? I'm owed a refund!!! :wink:

ah, the debate brings back memories of the tongue-firmly-in-cheek comment on the US Senate downsizing the Solar System. Click on -- www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/solarsys.htm -- to see what I mean!

John F.
SDAS

Nice Link John, very funny!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds