K-Tec

new to this...looking for some extras....

More
18 years 5 months ago #18434 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: new to this...looking for some extras....

yes seanie thats it....how did you get the picture in. Im trying ages to do that..

When you have the url, or web address/location, of the image you want to show, simply type this:

[img size=320][/b][i]the http://etc address of the image[/i][b][/img]
(no need for the bold effect!)

Its called placing an image tag. But, if you do decide to do this, please try and either (a) keep the images size small (for bandwidth purposes) if you decide to add it to the Files section of this site, or (b) link it (same tag method) off-site, as I have done in my previous post, regarding the image of the scope taken from ebay.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18435 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: new to this...looking for some extras....
And back to the matter at hand, your mount looks like either an EQ2 or EQ3 from that picture. And to answer your question, YES, you can add a motor to it to drive it.

See the chrome wheel on the side of the mount? Its got 4 circles cut out of it. It also has 'teeth' all along the outer edge. These teeth would lock into a gear attached to a slewing (slow moving) motor that will drive your scope. This mount is the exact same one that is on the Lidl SyLux 70mm refractor. The motor attachment is around £100 at most. The best place I have seen to buy it is from Andy McCrae of North Down Telescopes (at the time about €90 down here). This controls only 1 axis of movement, the Right Ascension (R.A.) one I think, but thats perfect for tracking a star.

There are a few members of the boards here that already have that mount and motor attachment, so I'll let them talk about installing it, as I don't have to motor, but do have the mount, so I'm in the same boat as you!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• lennonj
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 5 months ago #18439 by lennonj
Replied by lennonj on topic Re: new to this...looking for some extras....
seanie nice one mate....I seen a motor on ebay from some dude in the uk....Its been sold for 55GBP but its made for my telescope, well thats what it says on the page...Maybe ill drop him a line just to make sure...But thanks for your help....

All the best....

John

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds