K-Tec

Its a dark day in Ennis !

More
19 years 1 month ago #10496 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Its a dark day in Ennis !

This is also coming down to individuals, not just councils, to play their part. Having neighbours with 500W+ yard lights to illuminate approx 70 sq meters of garden is just ridiculous... and then they have them at an almost level angle with the lamp, instead of pointing down. They are the real culprits, cuz they just don't listen.
Councils do, because it shows. Already, so far, all the new lights errected on the new stretches of motorways are full cut-off, Look at them at Kinnegad next time you are heading for Tullamore/The West.

Seanie.
Seanie.

And how many times are you blinded by the crazy angle of these floodlights as you drive home in the dark!! Also, couldn't councils do a wee bit more by putting clauses into planning permission restricting, or banning the foolish, rediculous floodlighting of homes that goes on continuously. I'm living in the middle of no-where and 5 houses round about have that floodlighting. It must cost a fortune to run, as well as agravation. how can they live with it!! I'm not sure about the protocol in Ireland for canvassing councils, but if I knew enough about how to put the case forward, I would, or if I was fluent enough in explaining the problems, and explaining the benefits of changing. I'm sure they won't decide, "OK, Bill can't get decent viewing, so lets change the system" :lol: Oh! if only they would do that
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #10503 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Its a dark day in Ennis !

And how many times are you blinded by the crazy angle of these floodlights as you drive home in the dark!! Also, couldn't councils do a wee bit more by putting clauses into planning permission restricting, or banning the foolish, rediculous floodlighting of homes that goes on continuously. I'm living in the middle of no-where and 5 houses round about have that floodlighting. It must cost a fortune to run, as well as agravation. how can they live with it!! I'm not sure about the protocol in Ireland for canvassing councils, but if I knew enough about how to put the case forward, I would, or if I was fluent enough in explaining the problems, and explaining the benefits of changing. I'm sure they won't decide, "OK, Bill can't get decent viewing, so lets change the system" :lol: Oh! if only they would do that
Bill H.

irishastronomy.org/ilpac/submissions.php has the submissions to Clare Co. Co. and Dun Laoghaire Co. Co.

Protocol for councils can best be described as constructive pestering :-)
If theres a chance for submitting something to a council development plan then thats a good idea.
Although a letter pointing out the money being wasted by their lights and the danger (possibly leading to a road accident if applicable).

Most councils will not have a clue of the issues, so I'm fairly sure you'll know more than they do :-) Feel free to swipe anything from the ILPAC site.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 1 month ago #10505 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Its a dark day in Ennis !

Feel free to swipe anything from the ILPAC site.

Cheers,
~Al

Cheers, I'll do that.
Bill.
PS Your wallet wouldn't be there, would it :lol:

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds