• markdj
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
20 years 10 months ago #141 by markdj
Dark skies for ireland? was created by markdj
Hi

I thought I may as well start this ection off with a post about my new website that I have recently started.

www.darkskies4ni.co.uk

I think you will find some useful info there and pictures of Ireland showing the extent of LP across the island.

Dark Skies

MarkDJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #142 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Dark skies for ireland?

Hi

I thought I may as well start this ection off with a post about my new website that I have recently started.

www.darkskies4ni.co.uk

I think you will find some useful info there and pictures of Ireland showing the extent of LP across the island.

Nice site Mark, as youre probably aware I'm trying to get a dark sky group set up here, currently there is the Irish Light Pollution Awarness Campaign at groups.yahoo.com/group/ilpac/ .

When that get off the ground and gets its website up Im sure we'll be able to work closely together, especially since you will have more knowledge of the legislative situation in NI.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
20 years 9 months ago #180 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Dark skies for ireland?
ladies and gents,
i know there has been some discussion on this topic before on the ifas mailing list. i know that there is plans to add some information to the ifas website in order to create a web presence for the group. seeing that this may take a while to get done as the group has yet to formally get going i thought that i might expirement and to that aim i have created something very simple at this location:-

www.realta.info/ilpac/ilpachome.html

it is very simple as there is nothing much at the moment to write about. but i think the logo that albert done looks good on a white background. Also i kept it simple as that is the best approach no point getting too fancy as there is not much to say. let us know what you think!!.
Stephen.

More
20 years 9 months ago #183 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Dark skies for ireland?
Hi Stephen,

I would be more than happy to give you the URL www.irishastronomy.org/ilpac .

I can set this up for you in a matter of minutes in one of two ways:
1) A html redirecty to the current URL (can be changed easily if the site moves)
2) Give you web space and an FTP account on the irishastronomy.org server so you can host it here and work on it easily.

I can also give you the email address ilpac@irishastronomy.org

Let me know it you think any of those are a good ideas.

Bart Busschots,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 9 months ago #185 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Dark skies for ireland?

1) A html redirecty to the current URL (can be changed easily if the site moves)
2) Give you web space and an FTP account on the irishastronomy.org server so you can host it here and work on it easily.

Both are good ideas! Though David Bell still hasnt got back on whether its ok or not. Though I assume it is.

Cheers,
~Al

p.s. Noticed some really dire lighting along the quays in Dublin near the point last night. Basically they are halogen lights facing directly upwards with a metal plate to reflect some of the light back down. a 100w energy saver bulb in a full cover would give out more light at a fraction of the cost. Pitty full cover lights arnt very artistic.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 9 months ago #194 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dark skies for ireland?

Both are good ideas! Though David Bell still hasnt got back on whether its ok or not. Though I assume it is.

Got an email from Dave saying its ok!

Cheers,
~Al

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds