K-Tec

Thank you Pat Kenny

More
19 years 10 months ago #3203 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Thank you Pat Kenny

ILPAC doesnt have the money to put a stamp on an letter!

Then what about club participation? Would it be a good idea to introduce a subscription scheme? I think so. Something like €20 (or more) per club per year? If clubs and societies want the material to put to their local councils regarding light pollution (in whatever form - astronomical or environmental), then we should contribute towards the cost of getting that material. If they don't pay, they make their own leaflets! Simple and straight forward as that!

As you get more bodies subscribed in the future, such as wildlife groups and maybe even the ESB, subscriptions may not have to be high, and publicity would be huge based on the organisations taking part.

The local papers this week say that construction on the Tullamore bypass should start in early 2005, and its to run adjacent to our site. They are aware TAS exists, and aware of our concern about light pollution - but (I for one think) they should know HOW DEEP the impact will be for us. Thus, bombarding them with all the supportive evidence locally and nationaly IS the key.

They want evidence for an argument? I'm gonna (want) to give it to 'em!

Now is a good time to hammer this out, as most clubs and socs start their new season in September, a good time as it coincides with ILPAC's next (Whirlpool) meeting.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wallymee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 10 months ago #3205 by Wallymee
Replied by Wallymee on topic Re: Thank you Pat Kenny
I think the idea of each club etc subscribing for a fee is a great idea and SDAS would have no problem with it.

Also if there are any packs or literature that might be circularised through the schools or even projects for the kids to do would be a good idea.

More
19 years 10 months ago #3206 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Thank you Pat Kenny
I personally like the idea of supporting the ILPAC through the
clubs, I'll put it to the Shannonside committee in September, thats when it meets next (unfortunately), the club as a whole will probabily have to vote on it, but I cant see it been a problem.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds