K-Tec

EU average = 85% Pollution

More
17 years 6 months ago #34329 by phil18ie
Replied by phil18ie on topic Light Pollution
Maybe it's just me or is it that no county council are ever going to take the subject of light pollution seriously. So what can we do? We must show force in numbers.

I have witnessed over the last 3-4 years especially the effect that light pollution is having where I live in Dublin 24. Maximum magnitude on a 'dark' ( I use that term loosely) clear, steady atmospheric night to peak around magnitude 4.5. Now thats at 1-2a.m. when most people are in bed. Thats the only time I would consider even observing at which leaves with about 5 hours of sleep until I get up for work . I urge everyone to join the battle against light pollution by writing, calling and meeting with their local TD or councillor. We must press this issue on them. To make aware this problem to the public and the profound impact it is having on us. If even if just for one night that people could just step outside from a suburban area and actually see how the sky is supposed to look. To see the dusty lanes of the milky way veiling itself across our sky. The reapperance of stars that were cast out some time ago.

I want to hear all your voices on this matter, let's stop this beofre its too late!!!!!

Philip Buggy D24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #34333 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: EU average = 85% Pollution
Galactus,

Many thanks for the reference to the New Scientist article. It was a very interesting read on a subject few ever consider (the complete absence of man on this planet).

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds