K-Tec

With regret

More
19 years 5 months ago #5653 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: With regret
with the Monastereven bypass finished, it mightn't be that bad ?
I was on it today, its great to be able to cruise between Dublin and Portlaoise, did it in less then a hour !! :P

If the Raleans are going again this year, maybe you could ask them for a lift in their spaceship to avoid traffic. :wink:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5667 by orions neb
Replied by orions neb on topic Re: With regret
Hi all.

Im a subscriber of A&S for the past 3yrs, and like most of you have mentioned, it seems to be a money grabbing..ripoff merchant.

If you want to know the times of the flyover of ISS they ask you to call for details, like a fool I done so many times. They send you emails of meetings and so on. Surley they can give you all the information you need through the email or magazine without having to phone.

Has A&S got a fantasy about people ringing them up…….RING FOR DETAILS…..RING FOR DETAILS.
And how do they get away with selling telescopes at them prices? I was almost tempted to buy my telescope from them until I got wise and checked the internet…I bought a 6’’skywatcher f/5 for 487 euros from north downs, and for a similar telescope from A&S they wanted almost a grand and only had one eyepiece, with mine I got 2, I saved 500 euros abouts for something that was gonna do the same job as the one for a grand.

But at the same time I did look forward to getting my magazine through the letterbox….it was something on astronomy that mattered to me. Im no longer a subscriber now because I want astronomy articles and not things about lecturers and so on Im just a simple observer with no notion of trying to become a astrophysists
All I want to do is look through my eyepiece and say WOW.

Thanks

Orions neb

More
19 years 5 months ago #5668 by orions neb
Replied by orions neb on topic Re: With regret
SORRY :oops:

i might have posted this on the wrong page. APPOLOGIES :roll:

More
19 years 5 months ago #5669 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: With regret

SORRY :oops:

i might have posted this on the wrong page. APPOLOGIES :roll:

No, you're fine. This is (or has become) the A.I. rant thread... :lol:

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds