K-Tec

Quadrantids early morning hours of January 4th

More
4 years 3 months ago #108135 by R Newman
Replied by R Newman on topic Quadrantids early morning hours of January 4th
Hi Thanks for the reply Aubrey and Darren

First to Darren I am not too well up on the cameras but details can be seen at ttps://www.imo.net/resources/metrec/, there are several amateur astronomers in Ireland who have Meteor Cameras who are part of the Nemetode group who meet every September see www.nemetode.org/

Aubrey there is the annual meeting of the Deep Sky Section of the BAA coming on March if your interested, I have booked my ticket for the event, will be my second BAA event in 6 months the last being the NLC/Aurora/Solar meeting in Scotland last October.  www.britastro.org/node/19170

Would be nice for more people to get involved on the website again for the 2020's and away from Facebook, is their 2 Facebook pages? Maybe the committee would consider a all Ireland IFAS convention similar to the UK FAS event fedastro.org.uk/fas/convention/convention-2020/

Thanks

Ronan
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
4 years 3 months ago #108136 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Quadrantids early morning hours of January 4th
Hi Ronan, 

Very many thanks for for letting me know about the group in Ireland by posting a link. Looks like some very interesting work being done by those guys. 

Clear skies, 

Darren. 

More
4 years 3 months ago #108139 by flt158
Hello again, Ronan.
I don't do Facebook.
But I am very keen on attending Cosmos in April 2020.
Who can I contact about that without using Facebook?

Kind regards,

Aubrey.

More
4 years 3 months ago #108140 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Quadrantids early morning hours of January 4th
Hi Aubrey,

I put the dates of COSMOS on the front page of the site. Can you let me know if you can't see it?

Michael.

Midlands Astronomy Club hosts its annual COSMOS 2020 Star Party from April 3rd to 5th at the 4 Star Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone, County Westmeath
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

More
4 years 3 months ago #108141 by flt158
Yes, Michael!
I do see Cosmos on the front page.

However It only shows Cosmos for 2018.

But if I go to "contact us" and after that "Get in touch with us", can I book for Cosmos for 2020?

Thank you very much, Michael.
Perhaps I will sort it out on Monday.

Kind regards,

Aubrey.

More
4 years 3 months ago #108142 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Quadrantids early morning hours of January 4th
Hi Aubrey,

The dates are correct, I confirmed them with Midlands. I don't believe that you have to book in advance. I never have.

Michael.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds