K-Tec

Mars 21 November 2020

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #109705 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Mars 21 November 2020
Hi all,

As promised I am attaching an annotated image from my most recent Mars sketch. As you can see the image is different from the one I posted at the start of this thread. I was trying out a few things with GIMP using the original submission when annotating the image. The information contained on the below image was put together with the help of some very helpful people over on CloudyNights. I believe I observed Olympic Mons during the observation, so I have placed that on the annotated image too. Again feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It looks pretty good out there at the moment, but will it last for a few hours?

All the best,

Darren.

p.s. I just noticed the text is not so clear as I had to reduce the image quality due to size restrictions on the forum - I hope you can make it out. The names on the image are 'Dust Storm', 'Solis Lacus', 'M. Sirenum', and 'Olympus Mons (OM)'. Oh, just one more thing, I noticed I put 'NPC' that should read 'NPH' for North Polar Hood! 

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Until_then-Goodnight!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Astrokam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #109708 by Astrokam
Replied by Astrokam on topic Mars 21 November 2020
Hi all
I've been observing and taking photos for the last few hours,i'ts clouded over at the moment,Mars seems to be gone a kind of peachy shade very little detail to be seen while observing.I took a series of shots of it and picked out the best of them,most were really bad,so here is the best I could manage tonight.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 5 months ago #109710 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Mars 21 November 2020
Hi Kevin,

Very nice capture, and many thanks for sharing it with us. I had a quick look at Mars myself tonight. Transparency was awful, but I might give it another go shortly - maybe the conditions have improved at this stage.

Clear and steady skies,

Darren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Astrokam

More
3 years 5 months ago #109711 by donalmcnamara
Replied by donalmcnamara on topic Mars 21 November 2020
Thanks for those comments. Observing it in the c9.25 last night and thought I had issues as I could not make out much detail either. Like the description of Peaches.
donal
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!, Astrokam

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds