Favourite Observations of 2020

• flt158
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 4 months ago #109871 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Favourite Observations of 2020
I do thank you very much for your update regarding the Jupiter - Saturn conjunction of 1226, Finbarr. 

It must have been a most spectacular event for whoever saw it without the use of a telescope. 

And a huge thank you to Darren for his top 7 observations of 2020. 

Of course, we would love to hear from others if you please, no matter how few events they observed! 

Happy New Year and new decade to everyone here on www.irishastronom.org

Clear skies tonight on 1st January 2021. 

Aubrey. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #109875 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Favourite Observations of 2020
Hello Aubrey and Finbarr,

Your lists were great to read. Finbarr, that's a fabulous photo of Neowise! I also liked reading your point about what you saw on March 28th.

Aubrey, I remember reading your report from May 01 when you had all those objects in the same FOV...It sounds as beautiful now as it did then. And you're too kind about Neowise! Would you believe that green is my most favourite colour : )

Seriouly though, as I've said in the past it's very easy to get excited about amateur astronomy when there are people like you involved in the activity. You are so passionate about the hobby I'd ask 'how could one not get excited and fired-up to gaze through an eyepiece when reading your reports, or being at a meet-up with you?' Not only are you a wealth of knowledge,  but you're also great craic...ah the Shaggs : )

Clear skies and I wonder what others will include.

Darren.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Until_then-Goodnight!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Fermidox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds