K-Tec

Did anybody see the Leonids Sunday Morning??

More
17 years 5 months ago #35715 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: Did anybody see the Leonids Sunday Morning??
Be thankfull ye dont live in Shannon! :D

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #35721 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Did anybody see the Leonids Sunday Morning??
I always wondered is there a link between these contrails and noctilucent clouds, you could almost imagine they are high altitude contrails sometimes.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 5 months ago #35724 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Did anybody see the Leonids Sunday Morning??
My own little 'report'...

I went to New Ross on Friday for the weekend. On the way, Dee and I did spot a few meteors, looking like Orionids\Taurids, at about 21:00hrs. I thought I was seeing things over the course of about 8 minutes, mentioned it to Dee, who saw them as well! It was only about 4 I noticed, as I was driving, but as they were low down, they were in my field of view...

S.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 5 months ago #35731 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: Did anybody see the Leonids Sunday Morning??
I Think we were lucky enough in Dungarvan as Bernies house has a bit of altitude in its favour as well as being away from town lights,there were a regular few Orionids Mag o to -2 before predicted peak including some Taurids as well,nothing much around peak then activity increased 10 min later,some of them were very low on horizon and they sometimes came in double or even one triple burst,the big one that Bernie described that I had my back to was bright enough to illuminate her and the background as if someone had fired a camera flash from about 40 ft behind me,it was also another double burst.
We had some high thin haze briefly but it cleared and the seeing was excellent,as she said Saturn looked brilliant-very clear even at 320X on my 8"-good night .
Added bonus of a fabulous sunrise which I shot off a roll of film around Dungarvan Bay and went home at 8.15 for brekkie. :D

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds