• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 7 months ago #4405 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: aurora on 30/31 August 2004
hi Dave/John,

that's interesting about the general glow extending towards the southern part of the sky. I didn't really notice that.

haven't really been able to see the picture properly on the forum as there's an amazing amount of reflected glare off my screen here at work and all I see it a very dark image -- I need to switch the lights off some stage and check if that improves things!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4425 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: aurora on 30/31 August 2004
Hi John,

I also so it for a duration up to 2.30 am on the 31 August. It was about 10 degrees above the horizon. It had a width position 330 to 030 degrees. My latitude is 53 degrees 55 minutes North. 8 degrees 23 mins west.

Coloration slight pink.

Eamonn Ansbro

More
19 years 7 months ago #4454 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: aurora on 30/31 August 2004
I see you're famous John! Your observation of the aurora was mentioned in a mailshot from Astronomy Ireland ltd. Isn't it wonderful to see such co-operation between two societies in the one area? I thought they wouldn't be so friendly with a society operating on their 'turf'. Maybe you'll get that place at Astro-Feck this year? Without physical violence! :P

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 7 months ago #4459 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: aurora on 30/31 August 2004
I was interested to see the main headline on the cover of this months A&S magazine where Stephen Hawking 'looses' his bet....

I wonder where he set it loose?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4463 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: aurora on 30/31 August 2004

I was interested to see the main headline on the cover of this months A&S magazine where Stephen Hawking 'looses' his bet....

I wonder where he set it loose?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

I see you're famous John! Your observation of the aurora was mentioned in a mailshot from Astronomy Ireland ltd. Isn't it wonderful to see such co-operation between two societies in the one area? I thought they wouldn't be so friendly with a society operating on their 'turf'. Maybe you'll get that place at Astro-Feck this year? Without physical violence!

Stop .....Your cracking me up :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds