K-Tec

Mars 5/12/07 620am

More
16 years 4 months ago #56115 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Mars 5/12/07 620am
I certaily wasn't going to see a white polar cap when the disc itself was white (With the absolute barest hint of pink)

I'm using a 12in Orion Dob. To my naked eye mars has a hint of yellow though earlier in the year I seem to remember it having a more orange tinge to it to my naked eye.

I would have said that it was simply too bright in the 12in scope and the brightness was washing out any colour or detail. That maybe I should look into an apeture mask, but then again, when I went to the 3.5mm Hyperion which dimmed mars quite a lot, it was still just a dim white disc rather than a bright white disc.

I am under no illusions that Mars is a difficult object at the best of times but I do hope Saturn lives up to the hype. Still haven't had the weather. Clouds rolled in last night before Saturn had risen above the neighbours house behind.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #56130 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Mars 5/12/07 620am

To my naked eye mars has a hint of yellow though earlier in the year I seem to remember it having a more orange tinge to it to my naked eye.

At the moment it looks fairly red to me, all eyes are different, now that provokes a question, how intense does the colour of Mars look to people out there??

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds