K-Tec

I wish I was a Frenchman!

More
16 years 4 months ago #56720 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: I wish I was a Frenchman!
The map for tonight is clear til midnight (for most of us.

good-times.webshots.com/photo/2802736670096963958seywxz

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Calibos
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
16 years 4 months ago #56725 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: I wish I was a Frenchman!
Yeah, they're dead handy alright aren't they! I was going to order a red LED torch from Telescope Service but I saw these energiser headlights in Woodies when I was buying the toolbox.

I bought one when I realised that these meant I could still have 2 hands free, couldn't loose it like a torch. (need a torch to find the torch :D ), points at whatever I am looking at etc

Just have to remember to place them higher on the head so the actual bright bulbs aren't visible in the oul peripheral vision, to cover them with my hand when cycling through the light modes till one gets to the red bulbs and not to look at anyone else with them on and ruin their nightvision. They are quite bright red bulbs! Handy in full white LED mode and pointing at where I am looking at, for the end of night pack up too!!

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
16 years 4 months ago #56726 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: I wish I was a Frenchman!
I was also gonna order a infrared torch until i stumbled upon the head torch. I was actually there to buy an ordinary torch when i spotted them. Then when i saw thet had 2 red LED.....................i couldnt get to the check out counter qiuck enough.

P.S.~~~glad you got your collimation sorted. I use a refractor so they are already collimated by the makers.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds