K-Tec

Moon occulting Mars

More
16 years 4 months ago #57178 by XULYKS
Replied by XULYKS on topic Re: Moon occulting Mars
Although it's not raining, it's still cloudy.

Amzing looking clouds though..... like the ripple effect you see on the sand at the waters edge. With the moon and Mars shining brightly through. Might just have to stay up until 3am or so, and hope the clouds disperse :)

Greg ;)

Update: 17th december 2:45am
Viewed Saturn in all its glory!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #57182 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Moon occulting Mars

Although it's not raining, it's still cloudy.

Amzing looking clouds though..... like the ripple effect you see on the sand at the waters edge. With the moon and Mars shining brightly through. Might just have to stay up until 3am or so, and hope the clouds disperse :)

Don't think you'll have to stay up that late to start looking though no doubt you will still be out looking at 3am or so :D

Going on the latest sat image crica 12am I'd see the clouds will clear the East Coast by about 1am.

I wonder are the boyo's out west already out this Christmas Eve. :D

If anyone had have told me that I would be contemplating standing outside in the cold for a few hours on Christmas Eve/morning even a few months ago I would have called them mad.

Am I mad to even contemplate it? Its just it would be such a waste of clear skies if I didn't wouldn't it? :D

I can just imagine the neighbours kids unable to sleep and looking out the window at 3am to see if they can spot Santas Sleigh.

"Mammy, Mammy quick!! the man next door is trying to shoot down Santa with his surface to air missile launcher!" :D

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
16 years 4 months ago #57328 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Moon occulting Mars
I watched it from Lanzarote. Didnt wait to see the two "touch"..........but it did get pretty close while i was watching.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds