K-Tec

Mammy. Am I a Polar Bear?

More
16 years 4 months ago #58135 by Tonybwf
Replied by Tonybwf on topic re
You cant putta price on comfort epecially when it comes to freezing your nuts off to look at dots in the sky!!!!!!!

Regards
Tony

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #58136 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: re

You cant putta price on comfort epecially when it comes to freezing your nuts off to look at dots in the sky!!!!!!!

This is true. My neighbour thinks i am MENTAL for being outside at 3,4,5,6am

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 4 months ago #58138 by Tonybwf
My neighbours probably think im a pervert i could have 3scopes out the front along with airband scanners, portable weather station, couple of diff binos and my scout looks like a camcorder :lol: :lol:

ps: im "main sequence" :D 100 post

Regards
Tony

More
16 years 4 months ago #58145 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Mammy. Am I a Polar Bear?
Since i bought my new bins i have noticed that the woman in the house directly behind me has left half of her bedroom curtain half open. I have seen her in a towel after having a bath/shower.

I swear.............i think she is on to me and leaves the curtain open on purpose.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 4 months ago #58148 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Mammy. Am I a Polar Bear?
Ah Yiz are all lightweights!! :twisted:

Just in a few minutes ago at 3am. Not the best session however. It wasn't the cold. I was fine on that count. Had a nice warm shower before I went out. Put on 2 pairs of socks, Thick Soled Hiking boots, Thick trackie bottoms, pair of jeans over them. T-Shirt, Alpine hooded fleece, Thick padded jacket with hood, Wooly hat. Twas only at the end of the 3 hour session that my feet were getting a bit cold. The rest of me was still toasty.

I ended up coming in when my eyepieces started fogging up.

The problem tonight was the transparency in Bray wasn't great. Skyglow all around and quite high up. I did get to confirm for definate that I have licked my scopes 'Push to' Object Locators problems. Objects appearing in the centre of the field of view. Its just that what was in the centre didn't blow my away. Crab Nebula, Christmas Tree Nebula, Eskimo Nebula, Owl Nebula. So faint that I wondered was it dew on the EP. It didn't help that I couldn't get dark adapted either as the neighbours left their toilet light on all night tonight.

I really can't wait to get to go to a dark site observing meet to see these things like they are meant to be seen.

Mars was the usual white disc. Saturn was affected by thermal currents over the neighbours house and when I went back to it when it was closer to the meridian and higher and wasn't over any roofs anymore, I got about 30 seconds before my EP dewed up. Same story as ususal with Saturn. White disc, with ring shadow, rings but no cassini and no cloud detail whatsoever.

I know people say the best views and seeing are on frosty winter nights but I have to say that in Bray at least I have had better seeing and transparency on the milder nights this Winter.

One other thing. Are Binoculars a Spring Summer Autumn only thing. Got a pair of TS 15x70's from Telescope service and I haven't really gotten to use them for more than about 5 minutes anytime I have brought them out, before they start dewing up.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
16 years 4 months ago #58157 by Tonybwf
Hi,

I only managed to use binos lastnight i had zhummell 25x100s didnt have any condensation problems...saying that the moisture in the air was probably different down here to where you are.....im shure there something you can get for condensation ask carl o beirnes hed know

Regards
Tony

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds