K-Tec

moon halo

More
19 years 5 months ago #6314 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: moon halo
Saw it as well last night at midnight, beautiful ,,took a few shots on B&W film ASA 400 Fuji Neopan.It's my first time photographing one and hadn't a clue re exposure so I used a 28mm f3.5 bracketed from 1/8to 1/30th of a second any info or advice would be appreciated.
Saw a lovely halo a few years ago with Saturn and Jupiter just touching the halo on opposite sides of the moon.

Eugene

PS Deise A S will have its own website soon ,its under construction as we speak .. www.deiseastronomy.com will let you all know when its active.

Euge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6315 by markdj
Replied by markdj on topic Re: moon halo
For the image I took...

I photographed a correctly exposed moon at 28mm, ISO100, f2.8 and 1/500second shutter speed. For the Moon Halo, I lengthened the exposure to 10 seconds.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6316 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: moon halo

PS Deise A S will have its own website soon ,its under construction as we speak .. www.deiseastronomy.com will let you all know when its active.

not latits.org then no? :-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 5 months ago #6319 by Eugene Burke
Thanks Markdj,
I forgot to say that my cameras are manual NIkon FG 20s and unfortunately you cant see the exposure needle in the dark I went out now and tried to read the meter and 1/8thsec was as near as I could get on the full moon,next one I'll use your 100 asa metering and adapt iti to my film speed/exposure,
Thanks again

Eugene

More
19 years 5 months ago #6321 by Eugene Burke
Hi Al, :?
No we couldn't "ORG LA TITS"but we did our best and to keep you all "A BREAST " :) of the situation we do have our own domain name :roll: just to make it easy for everyone,I still think WACOS suits the personality of the society. :wink:
Euge

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds