K-Tec

Moon apogee/perigee

More
16 years 2 months ago #64317 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Moon apogee/perigee
Paul,

The answer to your question in described fully at www.perseus.gr/Astro-Lunar-Scenes-Apo-Perigee-2005.htm ... happy reading.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #64318 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Moon apogee/perigee
Hope you got a good view of the eclipse last week Anthony. I must get around to sending you those Sky at Night magazines I promised you before Christmas. Your photo of NGC 1432 is in the March "Astronomy Now" magazine (page 96).

All the best,

John

More
16 years 2 months ago #64319 by ayiomamitis
Hi John,

In relation to last week's eclipse, I will have work appearing in the next issue of Astronomy Now as well as the cover photo of the next issue of Popular Astronomy.

Speaking of the eclipse, I nailed a really case of the flu thanks to my excursion south of Athens and the grounds at Sounion. I have been in bed all day since Sunday and it is not getting any better. I will prepare a will just in case: does my AP160+AP1200GTO and Tak FSQ+AP Mach1GTO go to Seanie or Grennan?

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 2 months ago #64320 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Moon apogee/perigee
Posts tidied up. Hope they all makes sense now.

More
16 years 2 months ago #64321 by ayiomamitis
Sir Michael, Sir!

I did not know you were one of the mods here on the IFAS board. My sincerest apologies, Sir Michael, Sir ... and my thanks for the fix.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 2 months ago #64322 by ayiomamitis

Have a look at this dramatic moonrise sequence to see the changing colours ...

astro.ysc.go.jp/moon-Di_Nasso_camera.jpg (notice the flattening of the lunar disk too when it's altitude is low)

This is one project I have had in mind for some time. However, stepping through the various exposures so as to capture its stage just right is so time consuming that you lose some of the intermediate lighting.

I must sit down and use software to control the successive exposures so as to minimize delays and thereby hopefully capture a proper and full sequence.

I have the results from an effort about two years ago and which I will dig out out of curiosity.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds