Copernicus tonight

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 1 month ago #65219 by michaeloconnell
Copernicus tonight was created by michaeloconnell
If weather, time and telescope permits, make sure to take a look at the lunar crater Copernicus tonight. It's the one near the terminator with all the detail on it. Once you point a scope at the moon, you'll spot it straight away. I just had a great look at it in the binoviewers at 440x and was a feast for the eyes. Loads of detail visible on the crater floor and walls. Well worth a look!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paulevans
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago #65220 by paulevans
Replied by paulevans on topic Re: Copernicus tonight
The Moon was superb tonight wasn't it Michael! Here's a crop of Copernicus, Erasthones and the Appennine Mountains from a wider field shot I took this evening.....

More
16 years 1 month ago #65225 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: Copernicus tonight
Copernicus grabbed me tonight also. See below (also in another post-sorry.)

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
16 years 1 month ago #65264 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re: Copernicus tonight
Hi Folks. Great shots there. I took out my 10" dob last night to check if the tweaking I done with the Baader Collimator made any difference. Well anyway I looked at Saturn at about 210 magnification - seeing was not the best on account of the moon but I was a wonderful view nevertheless I could see the shadow of the rings on the Planet but cassini division was not visible (maybe it's my old lamps). I made the mistake of looking at the moon without a filter and walked around my garden with a ghost image imprinted in my brain for about five minutes after :(
I still marval at the ability of this scope to show so much detail on the lunar surface

Declan

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds