K-Tec

Exoplanet transit of TrES-3 attempted tonight

More
16 years 1 week ago #66767 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Exoplanet transit of TrES-3 attempted tonight
Gents,

The Sahara desert storm resurfaced yesterday and is still on-going. Not only did I lose this evening's transit but I am hoping the storm is gone by May 2nd when I have another opportunity.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #70520 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Exoplanet transit of TrES-3 attempted tonight
Eamonn and Dave,

I have been asked to talk about a couple of Astronomy-related things on Midlands 103 tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, of particular note is this transit and the recent addition of your findings to the journal "The Astronomer". If you think I could do with some extra 'insider' information from you two, why not send me a PM with the details!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 10 months ago #70540 by John D
Thats great Seanie,
would you be able to give us an idea of what time you will be on the radio, i would like to hear the talk, then again i like everything astronomy related. :)

John

More
15 years 10 months ago #70565 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Exoplanet transit of TrES-3 attempted tonight
Thanks for the interest John! I don't think I'll get on this morning due to their busy itinerary, but I hope that if that's the case, I'll be bumped in favour of a slot tomorrow instead. I'll keep you posted.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• eansbro
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
15 years 10 months ago #70598 by eansbro
Hi Seanie,

By cooincidence I am also being interviewed on Newstalk 106FM on Thursday at 3.45 pm by John Moncrief. Same subject matter on the recent Exoplanet monitoring.

Eamonn A

More
15 years 10 months ago #70610 by John D
Thanks lads for lettin us know, keep us posted :)

John

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds