K-Tec

Celestron C6N eyepieces

More
2 years 5 months ago #110683 by a_patch
Replied by a_patch on topic Celestron C6N eyepieces
This also popped into my head when I started to read about eyepieces. Some says barlow is creation of devil, and it is much better to stuck with proper eyepieces, but I did use 1,5x barlow on my crappy Bresser and I was happy with results.

Anyhow I took my chances and I did order 5,8,18 with 2x barlow. 5 will give me 150x and I just hope with 60° I will be able to track Jupiter for long enough. 8 probably will be used to watch Moon, and I do want to compare 18/60° with my 20/52° just to see difference with eye relief.

If I will be happy with what I can see I think I will invest bit more and I will hunt down 24/68° Explore Scientific. In worst case scenario few eyepieces will popup on local market.

BTW: Do you think red dot finder is good idea? So far I didn't have issues with finding things like Andromeda, or Orion Nebula with my current finder, and eyes. It took some time alright, but not more than 5 min.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #110688 by stevie
Replied by stevie on topic Celestron C6N eyepieces
A red dot finder is a very useful piece of kit, but, for many people, a Telrad is even better. Very easy to use, and you can find Telrad finder charts on the internet to help you to locate objects.
Again, you may need to look around to acually find one, First Light Optics on the link below are out of stock at the moment

www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/telrad-finder-astronomy.html

BTW, Rother Valley may have the 24mm Explore

www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/explore-sci...urged-eyepieces.html
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by stevie.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #110698 by a_patch
Yes, I did took a look on Telrad, and Rigel. It is something I'm thinking about. I want to try cheap red dot finder first. Good news is I received eyepieces 2 days ago. I even found 24mm Explore from Poland on Teleskopy.pl . Unfortunately sky is not too kind. I need to wait till weather will be better. In meantime I did print some parts like Behtinov mask, solar filter, camera and phone holder so I'm ready :)

I did also reassemble my CG4 mount to remove some backslash on both axis. I saw that lube there is pretty stiff and black. I didn't want to replace it with some of mine bike or 3D printer spray/greases, as I read it needs to be kind of specific one. Not to stiff not to leaky. Any advise?
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by a_patch. Reason: clicked too soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
2 years 5 months ago #110700 by Paul-Byrne
Replied by Paul-Byrne on topic Celestron C6N eyepieces
Hi there

This is a product that is recommended in many forums.
superlube.ie/product/multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-nlgi-2/

Paul

More
2 years 5 months ago #110702 by a_patch
Thanks Paul. Ordered.

I was lucky yesterday. Something woke me up at 1AM and when I took my glass of water I saw the sky was clear. It was like that only for 1h, but I was able to test my eyepieces and 2x barlow. And I'm happy as hell. I'm still waiting for 24mm Explore, but BST pieces are very good. Thanks Paul for recommending it. Darren, you were right eye relief and 60° did make a huge change. Picture quality, at least in my eyes, is the same as in my 20mm Plossl, but the comfort of watching stars is way better. BST was much more forgiving when you move your eye slightly, and only that made the whole experience much more enjoyable.

Anyhow, thanks guys for help and advice, and expect more questions soon.

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #110704 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Celestron C6N eyepieces
Hi Marcin, 

I was delighted to read that you had a much more enjoyable observing session with your new eyepieces this morning. 

In saying that, it would seem that you're to blame for all the bad weather... 

Clear skies - well not until you stop buying new equipment 
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Until_then-Goodnight!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds