K-Tec

baader hyperion eyepiece weight?

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
2 years 3 months ago #110936 by Neil40
Replied by Neil40 on topic baader hyperion eyepiece weight?
Ah no I understand. I remember when I was in college I pointed Jupiter out to all of my classmates and everyone slagged me for being a nerd. I think they were just annoyed that they did not know what I knew. When you are a young guy in his teens (or young girl in her teens) you almost have to hide your nerdness and want to be cool. But no longer. 
The Naglar eyepieces sounds quite amazing. Does anyone have a favourite brand of eyepiece?  As seasoned people? Because the 13mm was about 140 euro or there abouts. 

thanks 

Neil. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #110937 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic baader hyperion eyepiece weight?
I'm just wondering, Neil, would Stephen from Ktec take back your Hyperion eyepiece and give you another one? For roughly the same price?

Aubrey. 

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
2 years 3 months ago #110942 by Neil40
Replied by Neil40 on topic baader hyperion eyepiece weight?
H Aubery sorry for the late response. Thanks for the suggestion but I think ill hang on to it for a while and see how it preforms generally. When I am on my own and not under pressure! Everyone was freezing cold too and I suppose us guys just get use to standing about in the cold for hours on end as I was fine. ! I am very impressed by the eye relief. Having only ever owned the Celestron eyepiece kit(cheap one which is not bad to start off with tbh) and the 40mm eyepiece that came with the cpc. I was in shock that a 13mm could have such incredible eye relief.. I mean the 4mm Celestron is virtually  unusable. Its little eye hole reminds me of watching Richard Dawkins explain the evolution of the pinhole eye! The 6mm worked surprisingly well on the moon though. 
One last observation. I was not a big fan of taking my sct out to a house with a long ass lane way. It got more wobbles that night than it has in its life. There may be a culmination needed soon.   I really wanted to get the kid into a bit of science. Maybe I did but he seemed more interested in the trumpoline than the Orion nebula. Oh well. 

Thanks

Neil. 
​​
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds