K-Tec

Looking for 2 good quality eyepieces for C11

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
2 years 2 months ago #111015 by Neil40
Thanks again guys. I am now very tempted by the Baader Aspheric 31mm or 36mm. Not sure which one but ill have a think. But ill be getting one of them for sure!  And the 17.5 Morpheus is something I have almost decided to get. The only thing that is holding me back is the Omegon Panorama 21mm. I am just not sure which one to go for. Should I flip a coin? If you guys had to pick between a 17.5 Morpheus or the 21" Omegon Panorama which one would you go for? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #111016 by Paul-Byrne
Replied by Paul-Byrne on topic Looking for 2 good quality eyepieces for C11
Magnifaction wise, there is no great difference with the C11 between both eyepieces, the difference is in the field of view, 76 degrees for the Baader and 100 degrees for the Omegon.  I have never looked through a 100 degree eyepiece, 82 degrees was the widest and the views were fantasic, so much sky is visible, with the 100 degree Omegon, I can only imagine what the view will be.  
In the end, it is merely a matter of personal choice, either way, I don't think you will go far wrong.

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
2 years 2 months ago #111018 by Neil40
Well I think that has swayed me towards the Omegon. Field of view was actually an issue when showing my friends star clusters etc.  God bless the moon! That saved me that night. I am not even sure why I get so hung up on magnification. I think it is something that is  ingrained in most people until they get some good experience under their belts. For example I love looking at Saturn at low mag. It just seems like it is hanging there all alone in the darkness. 
Anyway I think it is going to have to be the Baader Aspheric 31mm and the Omegon Panorama 21mm. 
Thank you both for all your advice guys. I would of most likely bought high mag eyepieces which would of ended up being next to useless so you really helped me out and also thought me a thing or 2.
Ps I ordered a Pentax SMC XS 8.5mm eyepiece. It was cheap enough and old habits die hard! I couldn't help it. It will be good for one of those rare nights when the seeing is just right. Thanks again for the advice. 

Neil

More
2 years 2 months ago #111023 by stevie
Very best of luck with the new eyepieces, hopefully you will get many years of enjoyment from them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil40

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
2 years 2 months ago #111024 by Neil40
What I would reallyi love is to come up to one of your observing sessions at the Sugar loaf. I would love that. 

More
2 years 2 months ago #111025 by Paul-Byrne
Replied by Paul-Byrne on topic Looking for 2 good quality eyepieces for C11
Hi Neil

Sign up with meetup.com and join the Dublin Stargazers Group, there are regular sessions planned.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neil40

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds