K-Tec

blast those batteries!

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 5 days ago #11579 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: blast those batteries!

bill,
you might look at one of these:-

www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLa...OQq7o&action=lnk

Hi stephen, Thanks for that link, I took delivery of this item today. this is going to save me millions and millions of pounds :lol: It's unlikely, however, to work with my LX90 due to the way the rain keeps erm! coming down, so it's going to be real handy for starting the outboard motor on my inflatable :lol: :lol:
i'm assuming it just plugs into the 12v socket? :oops:
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 days ago #11583 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: blast those batteries!

bill,
you might look at one of these:-

www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLa...OQq7o&action=lnk

Hi stephen, Thanks for that link, I took delivery of this item today. this is going to save me millions and millions of pounds :lol: It's unlikely, however, to work with my LX90 due to the way the rain keeps erm! coming down, so it's going to be real handy for starting the outboard motor on my inflatable :lol: :lol:
i'm assuming it just plugs into the 12v socket? :oops:
Bill H.

no problem bill,
yes it plugs into the 12 volt in socket on the control panel of the scope. judging by the weather this year so far you may be using to power other things more than the scope :(.
stephen.

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 4 days ago #11587 by Bill_H

judging by the weather this year so far you may be using to power other things more than the scope :(.
stephen.

I think your right Stephen, We are getting glorious warm sunny days here, then about 7 pm the clouds roll in and the rain comes down in torrents for the night. The same thing today, bright and sunny all day, but I'm not holding my breath for clear skies tonight :cry: Oh dear! there I go, hoping against hope.
Bill H.

More
19 years 4 days ago #11599 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: blast those batteries!

I'm not holding my breath for clear skies tonight :cry: Oh dear! there I go, hoping against hope.
Bill H.

Judging by what I saw when I got home from work at 3am, you should have!

:)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 3 days ago #11613 by Bill_H
well, It sort of cleared. But the scurrying clouds prevented me imaging. Funny thing is, I was first of all looking at M51, when a meteorite zoooomed across the telescope field of view. Amazing, the chances of that I thought were pretty slim, but to my amazement, I ha the scope pointed at the Black eyed gal and was looking at that when it happened again :shock: now, i wouldn't like to set the odds on that happening within a 30 minute period!
Bill H.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds