• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13230 by ftodonoghue
Springs was created by ftodonoghue
Hi Guys

I am at my wits end trying to find some screws for a mirror cell I am building, similar to the one below. I have been to all the hardware stores, electrical shops, motor factors that I could find in Killarney and no joy. Does anyone have/know where i can source, some springs for use similar to that in the picture below. Needless to say they need to be fairly strong, to keep mirror in position. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and save my mattress from exploratory surgery...

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13232 by spudnik
Replied by spudnik on topic Re: Springs
I got mine from liam cronin in milltown.....actually he had only the one spring that suited and I chopped it into 3 pieces! 8)

I also needed to source other springs (for the spider etc).....hardware shops in dublin tend to stock them.....kerry ones don't unfortunately.. :(

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine" Sir Arthur Eddington

• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13241 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Springs
Is "liam Cronins" a hardware store or garage or something..

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 10 months ago #13244 by spudnik
Sorry...he's more of a mechanic. Mostly fixes farm machinery and the like. Honestly I was just chancing my arm going in there as I was having trouble trying to get my hands on some aswell. Looked a bit strangely at me when I asked and like I said I only managed to find the one.....

Try different garages etc around killarney. You might get lucky like I diid.

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine" Sir Arthur Eddington

• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13269 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Springs
Panic over..I decided at lunch time to check my mothers shed (because you'd never know)..low and behold :shock: two large springs,but springing in the wrong direction. They were springing closed instead of open. A few minutes of stretching and a few cuts and I have my springs...If only I had checked there first. I hope they do the job properly.

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 10 months ago #13270 by spudnik
Nice one. Hope they work out for you ;)

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds