• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #14391 by voyager
?? was created by voyager
OK, what am I missing????

I go away for a few days and all hell seems to break loose?

BB

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #14393 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: ??
Me too. I went away for a few hours and look what happened!

I'm a bit disconcerted about threads being locked though - no, they haven't been moderated, just locked.

I personally saw no reason to use this last line of defence. Heated discussion yes, we've been there before. But I saw no offensive behaviour. Maybe I'm more thick skinned than some :D

I don't want to wake up any sleeping dogs, open any unlabelled cans, open any old wounds, or start another discussion of topics previously discussed today. Just wondering why threads were locked instead of just moderated?

Cheers

Dave McD

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #14394 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: ??
Al has assured me that this has been sorted out behind the scenes by those directly involved so I suggest letting this die here.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 9 months ago #14395 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: ??
Ok - glad things are sorted out.

We'll let this off into the vacuum of space :D

By the way bart - did you have a good break? How was Belgium? Bring us any prezzies back? A nice APO, Nagler? Cakes ?

More
18 years 9 months ago #14400 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: ??

I'm a bit disconcerted about threads being locked though - no, they haven't been moderated, just locked.

I'm concerned about this too. I can understand the first one being locked - it was starting to degenerate. But the other two I can't fathom. Locking threads stifles debate based on one person's opinion of whether or not that debate should take place.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 9 months ago #14401 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: ??

I'm concerned about this too. I can understand the first one being locked - it was starting to degenerate. But the other two I can't fathom. Locking threads stifles debate based on one person's opinion of whether or not that debate should take place.

There has been some private discussion about what to do among the people involved privately. Then it got dark and we all decided to go out observing :-)

The first has been edited with agreement from the parties involved and is reopened.

The others I locked to stop further discussion by others until we get things sorted (that worked well!) . I'd ask that people bear with us on this for the moment. Thanks.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds