• keithke
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 9 months ago #14470 by keithke
Replacement mirror for ETX-70 was created by keithke
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement mirror for an ETX-70, or even just get it re-coated?
Thanks for your help,
Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #14472 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Replacement mirror for ETX-70
Keith - do you mean lens? The ETX70 is a refractor. Unless you meant a different model...

Cheers

Dave McD

More
18 years 9 months ago #14474 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Replacement mirror for ETX-70
How was your holiday Keith? I hope this little request of yours is not the fault of a mishap while on holiday!!! Oh, did you get the filter in time?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• keithke
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 9 months ago #14476 by keithke
Replied by keithke on topic Re: Replacement mirror for ETX-70
Hi Seanie,
The holiday was great thanks, of course it's great to be home and back in work :( !! Yes I got the filter thanks. I had a look through it over there, was a bit too hot during the day to look through it for long though. Didn't get much observing done over there at night, the light pollution was terrible, I could only see a handful of stars, had a good look at Jupiter, Venus and Mars(and the Sun ;-), mars was a bit disappointing through the ETX though. yes I had a bit of an accident with the scope. I was putting on an an extender for the focuser but I didn't realise that when you take the focuser off the top of the scope comes off, so when i put the top back on i put the fousing pin back in the wrong place so instead of coming out the hole at the base of the scope for the focuser it came down and scratched the flip mirror on the inside of the tube, d'oh!! So I need to replace it....
Cheers,
keith

• keithke
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 9 months ago #14477 by keithke
Replied by keithke on topic Re: Replacement mirror for ETX-70

Keith - do you mean lens? The ETX70 is a refractor. Unless you meant a different model...

Cheers

Dave McD

Hi Dave,
There is actually a flip mirror at the base of the ETX-70 so that you can flip between looking straight into the base of the tube for terrestial viewing or flip it and look from the top of the tube for astro.
Cheers,
Keith

More
18 years 9 months ago #14478 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Replacement mirror for ETX-70
Keith - how easy is it to take the flip mirror out? I ask becasue if its easy enough you can have mine. I'll only be using the scope 'straight-through'.

Cheers

Dave

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds