K-Tec

Lasik eye sugery

More
18 years 8 months ago #14761 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Lasik eye sugery
One of the local stations is advertising something which is supposed to be the next generation in Lasik surgery, namely Intra-Lase. Apparently a laser is used to produce hundreds of VERY small holes so that the necessary expansion and contraction of the necessary tissue can occur much more smoothly.

It was stated that it is MUCH more accurate and safe than the standard scalpel surgery and supposedly lasts a minute or two since a laser is preprogrammed for the matrix-type approach to producing the little holes.

I received my S&T yesterday, two weeks later than normal, and I have to look at the article to see if Intra-Lase is discussed or not. Anyone here with experience in Intra-Lase care to comment?

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14762 by morpock
Replied by morpock on topic Re: Lasik eye sugery
I was also considering LASIK and did some digging on the net.
It seems that the risk of complications is severly understated by those with a vested interest (Which Health).
( www.irishhealth.com/?level=4&id=4220 ) indicates that as many as 1 in 6 people who undergo this procedure report complications.
( www.canoe.ca/Health0007/17_vision.html ) suggests that Laser eye surgery may damage night vision long-term.

I think I'll stay with glasses.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14763 by briano
Replied by briano on topic Re: Lasik eye sugery
If you think reading about it is scary you should see the op being done, it was on the discovery channel.

Brian O Leary

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds