K-Tec

Astrophysics 900GTO Notification has begun

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #15078 by dmcdona
If anyone is on the Astrophysics 900 GTO mount notification list, notification has begun for the next production run.

The run is large so a good few folks will be pleasantly surprised (until they see the price :D ).

I'm hoping to get an email ... I've been on the list for over 3 years now...

Cheers

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #15079 by tomcosgrave
Replied by tomcosgrave on topic Re: Astrophysics 900GTO Notification has begun
I would hope that's a scope, Dave and not a mount? I'm not much up on designations given by Astro-Physics to their products...

--
tom cosgrave
this is diopter - www.thisisdiopter.org

More
18 years 8 months ago #15080 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Astrophysics 900GTO Notification has begun
Dave,

Hopefully this will be an omen for those on the AP1200GTO list and a possible upcoming notification for them as well. I have been waiting now for around 18 months and I am keeping my fingers crossed I will get the call so as to bypass the proposed "hunger strike" threatened by my AP160 unless it is mounted on an AP1200GTO.

Stupid question: was your intention to have both an AP900GTO and AP1200GTO? If so, I am truly impressed with the "dynamic duo" in your arsenal!!!!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 8 months ago #15081 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Astrophysics 900GTO Notification has begun
PS. Given the relatively small price difference between the AP900GTO and AP1200GTO, I am somewhat surprised that people do not pursue the latter more aggressively.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 8 months ago #15082 by dmcdona
Anthony - although I have my name on the 900 list, whetehr I'll opt in is another question.... :D And you're right about the price differential - for the basic mount. I guess most of the 1200 accessories are a little dearer so that's a reason to go for the 900. I guess the biggest reason though is portabilty - the 900 is lighter and so easeier to transport. Though I have to say that whilst I'd think twice about taking the 1200 to a dark site, it can be done.

As for the lists, I was on both the 900 and the 1200 for the same time. I presume then that either the 900 list is way longer than the 1200 or the AP production schedules are not synchronised in any way that we can understand :lol: Perhaps I was just really lucky and got a cancellation or they did the 1200 run before the 900 run... I know they've only recently opened their new manufacturing facility - maybe their products will start to come out a little faster. Certainly, they are saying that the 900 run is going to be a big one....

By the way, I got this mail from Maj Christen about the next 1200 run

'The next 1200s will ship in 2006. The schedule is not set yet. Marj Christen'

So looks like you'll have to wait till next year... :cry:

Did you get an email from Marj Christen? If you're on the 900 list and you didn't, I can forward it on.

Cheers

Dave

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds