Revelation Binoculars From Telescope House

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 7 months ago #15632 by michaeloconnell
Revelation Binoculars From Telescope House was created by michaeloconnell
Check out these binos....really tempting!! Even comes with a tripod and slow motion controls. Same light gathering power as a 5.5inch scope. Pity they aren't 90degree.

tinyurl.com/8gte3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 7 months ago #15633 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Revelation Binoculars From Telescope House
Very nice indeed Michael. Hmm 600 queens heads works out about 1000 euro tho.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 7 months ago #15638 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Revelation Binoculars From Telescope House
They ain't cheap, that's for sure.
The other option are the RA-88s which are really nice. www.apogeeinc.com/product.asp?itemid=6&catid=32
Apogee have just brought out the RA-70s shortly and they are significantly cheaper. www.apogeeinc.com/product.asp?itemid=69&catid=32
However, with the Revelations, you do get the mount included also which, for a pair of binos like that, would probably be worth a couple of hundred yoyos anyway.

More
18 years 7 months ago #15640 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Jeeezzz, now those are what I've been looking for! Any idea what field of view there is though????, I know that if the FOV is less then about 3degrees or so, even at 20x, you'll have trouble locating a few objects in the night sky, I'd seriously consider these though!!

Keith..

More
18 years 7 months ago #15645 by briano
Wow there nice but a little expensive, I think I will stick to my binos that I got in aldi's.By the way does anyone know if lidl are go to sell any more scopes or was it a one time offer?

Brian O Leary

More
18 years 7 months ago #15680 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Revelation Binoculars From Telescope House

Wow there nice but a little expensive, I think I will stick to my binos that I got in aldi's.By the way does anyone know if lidl are go to sell any more scopes or was it a one time offer?

I think Briano, you mean Lidl! They had them for 2 consecutive years, at the end of November - well, the Skylux was that way, the ETX-70 was only last year. There is no telling if that will happen again, as it could have been an end-of-line, end-of-stock sale to Lidl. But who knows! You could always e-mail them...

seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds