• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 5 months ago #19909 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: (Yet another) polar alignment routine
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts is what I say :wink:

Anthony is in S&T so often these days that he'll soon be on the staff :D All he needs now is a few more APOD's to reach Greek God-like status....

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #19913 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: (Yet another) polar alignment routine

Anthony, as recompense for your forgetfulness, please submit a suiatbly awe-inspiring image - we haven't seen anything from you lately...

Hi Dave,

I have lots of gems in progress and I trust to have something for presentation later this month. If things work out as planned, I expect serious "exposure" for some of the work currently in progress.

Anyway, here is something to keep you entertained: www.perseus.gr/Astro-Lunar-L100-List.htm ... at some point I will contact S&T about a possible poster. ;-)

Any news on the AP1200?

Still in a holding pattern as far as the mount is concerned. However, once in my hands and teamed up with my AP160, look out! :D

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 5 months ago #19914 by ayiomamitis

Dave,

You obviously havent seen Sky and Telescope this month. That page hogger, Anthony, has a cracking eclipse shot published in the gallery :shock: AGAIN :shock: !!!

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire but I have another photo under consideration for the next issue. :oops:

Damn Greeks, first they invent civilisation as we know it, then the bloody olympics, win the european championship and if all that wernt enough, they hog the pages of S&T too :roll: :wink:

We have some very serious secret weapons as far as astrophotography is concerned: (1) great weather, (2) relatively dark skies and (3) lots of beautiful landscape when doing widefield work. :wink:

Bring back the Romans thats what I say!!

Nah, they are too busy right now trying to avoid a very serious catastrophe with the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games ... the IOC is extremely concerned that they will not be ready for opening day. :!:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 5 months ago #19915 by ayiomamitis

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts is what I say :wink:

Hehehehe ... I hope you enjoyed the movie TROY.

Anthony is in S&T so often these days that he'll soon be on the staff :D All he needs now is a few more APOD's to reach Greek God-like status....

Just wait until I have the AP1200GTO in my hands ... "armed and most dangerous". :lol:

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds