K-Tec

Etx 70 help please

More
18 years 4 months ago #20753 by nosmo
Etx 70 help please was created by nosmo
I got some time today to put this together and do the set-up. Seems ok. I got one problem(so far0 which i not sure if is problem or just me. I did the set-up as per instructions, home site, levelling , parking etc. Works ok. But every time i switch on the hand controller says "initialising", have to do the sun confirmation, bypass the detail instructions, enter the time ( and date if next day) to get to the align option. Is it supposed to do this every time or have i missed some confirmation entry somewhere or got a sequence wrong? Any comment appreciated.
Nosmo

Whatever you say, say nothin'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20754 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Etx 70 help please
I'm actually in the same boat... never read the online manual yet, and don't have a hard copy. But if I remember correctly, if you hold down the ENTER button when you turn it on, it skips the warning scrolling at the start and heads straight into the set up phase.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20764 by donkearns
Replied by donkearns on topic Re: Etx 70 help please
You do have to do the setup each time you power on. The telescope does not have a battery backed memory.However, the setup should take only two minutes or so.

I really must think of something interesting to use as a tag line!

More
18 years 4 months ago #20765 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Etx 70 help please
You'll need to enter the date and time.

The sun warning and instructions can be turned off somewhere in the Utilities menu (Utilities->Display possibly, no manual or autostar at hand).

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
18 years 4 months ago #20766 by william coghlan
Replied by william coghlan on topic Re: Etx 70 help please
It's not a problem, just routine. For details goto meade.com/etx/etx70.html and select ADOBE READER for full product details

Meade LX90 12" LNT
Orion Optics 12" f4 Dobsonian
EPs: currently in transition state
Health: CAF (Chronic Aperture Fever). No known cure. Known to cause Dobs to expand into Obsession.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20784 by nosmo
Replied by nosmo on topic Re: Etx 70 help please
Thanks for the feedback on this guys. At least i know that i am not doing something completely stupid. I have the manual that came in the box but it dont make this clear. I will check again if there a short-cut to bypass the initialisation/sun/details bit - no big deal but i think there must be an alternative to this introduction every time. Like an etx groundhog day. The date /time thing is understandable , as is also the alignment: geting the hang of this now. Must comment that the levelling is more important than the direction as the direction ( north) is easily adjusted by manual refinement and subsequent alignment. Actually prefer this method - better for a novice like me who dont know the celestial geography well enough.
One other comment - the guy who designed the focus knob never used this telescope. I see from the different links that there is scopetronics flexible option - a definite must -have needed necessary accessory. Especially for lens-dabblers like me. Somewhere in my links i saw a motorised focuser for not dear cost - €40 i think. Looking for it again.

Nosmo

Whatever you say, say nothin'

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds