K-Tec

I have problem with (Autostar #497) Align

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 4 months ago #21280 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: I have problem with (Autostar #497) Align
Just another idea to check George. If you repeatedly slew to the same object (say a star) does the scope point to the same spot each time or go to a different spot. You could then repeat this test on a couple of different stars and see if the scope always shows the same amount of error (example: always points, say, 10 degrees in right ascension away from the correct target). This would suggest something wrong with the way the scope is set up. If it goes to a different spot, each time you slew to the same object from the same starting point, this would suggest that there is something seriously wrong with the mount.

This may not help you solve the problem but may help you find out if you have a faulty mount.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• George Tarsoudis
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
18 years 4 months ago #21282 by George Tarsoudis
Replied by George Tarsoudis on topic Re: I have problem with (Autostar #497) Align
Thanks alls for interesting , I try tomorrow if the weather is good because rains all day!!!

George Tarsoudis
The Head is the second the first has problem in RA axis has 1mm space!!!

George Tarsoudis
Alexandroupolis, Greece

More
18 years 4 months ago #21284 by gnason

Has it ever occur to you when you make Calibration and Train motors and afterwards when you go for Align it goes in stars elsewhere and elsewhere!!!
George Tarsoudis

George,

Could this be your problem.....and solution? www.weasner.com/lxd/feedback/2005/apr05/feedback.html
Scroll down to Subject: First Light LXD-75 SC/8

Gordon

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds