• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 4 months ago #21910 by dmcdona
Astro-Physics - new addition was created by dmcdona
FYI - max PE of 7 arcsec :shock:

The long-awaited Mach1GTO is the perfect "little brother" to our 900GTO and 1200GTO. It may be smaller, but it is every bit as sophisticated. It uses the same GTOCP3 Servo Control Box as the larger mounts and is driven by the same superb Swiss servo motors. Design goals emphasized compactness, light weight, rigidity and precision. We are delighted with the way these goals were met.

www.astro-physics.com/products/mounts/mach1gto/mach1gto.htm

The price has not been finalized, however the target price is $ 5,950. Production will begin in February 2006. Estimated delivery of the first mounts is the summer of 2006.

In mid-January, we will contact all of the people on our existing 400GTO/600EGTO notification lists, which we have merged together. We will provide information regarding the new mount and ask each person to confirm their interest in the Mach1GTO. If you are not already on one of these lists, you can sign up on our online notification form. In a day or two, we will replace the 400GTO and 600EGTO selections with Mach1GTO. In the end, all of these lists will be merged, so if you have signed up on any of them, you are on the list.

www.astro-physics.com/webdata/notify.html

We truly appreciate your support through all these years. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #21914 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Dave, are these really THAT good :?:

Keith..

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 4 months ago #21915 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Astro-Physics - new addition
Yep - that's what the guranteed spec is - if a mount is outside those limits (+/- 3.5 arcsec PE) it will not be sold. All mounts are extensively tested before being sold (just like an OTA) and must meet specifications before being shipped.

The AP1200 is guaranteed at +/- 2.5 arcsec PE. The AP900 is guaranteed at +/- 3.5 arcsec PE

So this new mount is as accurate as the AP900. And marginally less accurate than the 1200.

I think the key selling point is portability - this new mount is more portable than the 900/1200.

If anyone has an inkling to invest in a top class mount, then I would have no hesitation whatsovever in recommending AP. These guys are top class in all departments - quality, customer service, after sales care and support. I just cannot fault them at all. And I can be a picky bugger :D

Of course, you'll pay for it. But in this case, you get exactly what you pay for. And every cent you pay is absolutely worth it.

Consider also that an AP mount is also an investment. If you decide to sell it on, you will get at least what you paid for it - in some cases, more because the buyer does not have to go on the waiting list.

Cheers

Dave

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 4 months ago #21969 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Astro-Physics - new addition
Ooh Dave, just seen this, THAT is a real contenter!! With 7 arcsec PE, PEC could get rid of most of that. Gonna have to win the lotto or save real hard for a long time for that! But then with the waiting lists I could have a long time to save, any idea what the wait is thesedays? roughly? How long were you waiting?

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 4 months ago #21989 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Astro-Physics - new addition
Two/three years for AP1200, three/four years for the AP900... I presume the MAch1 will be about 3 or 4 years but AP recently more than doubled its production capacity and the new mount is cast, rather than milled - so it could be quicker to manufacture.

The way I'd see it, is if you want one, get on the list now - you'll have plenty of time to save. At 100 euro a month, you'll have the bulk of it ready come the day...

Of course, I didn't save so got hit for the full whack :D

Dave

More
18 years 4 months ago #22031 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Astro-Physics - new addition
Looks like a fab mount.
I know what it feels like to wait a few years for astro bits'n pieces. :roll:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds