• paddyman
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
13 years 1 month ago #88827 by paddyman
AstroGazer Portable Observatory was created by paddyman
Hey lads,

I don't suppose anyone in Ireland has being crazy enough to buy a AstroGazer Observatory yet?. It looks a very neat idea, stick a little heater inside and you would be comfy for the night.

They seem to be getting very good reviews from people over in the states.
www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_ id=1735

Whats your opinions on them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #88848 by johnny5
Replied by johnny5 on topic Re: AstroGazer Portable Observatory
They seem a bit pricey to me, for an extra grand you could get yourself a SkyShed POD observatory dome (a permanent setup)or if I wanted something portable I would get a Kendrick Observer Tent or just get a large tent from millets and modify it. I would love an observatory, who wouldnt really but first I suppose I should get myself a house or a log cabin up a mountain somewhere.

• paddyman
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
13 years 1 month ago #88875 by paddyman
Replied by paddyman on topic Re: AstroGazer Portable Observatory
Believe me if a permanent solution was possible it would be no contest, i'd love a SkyShed POD observatory dome. I'm in Dublin and even if i bought a one i wouldn't have anywhere to set it up :-(.

From reading the review the pluses for me is its big yet fits into 3 carry bags no more then 50lbs each, so easily stored & transported.

Biggest drawbacks are it takes 2 people about an hour to setup and then needs to be taken down again and packed off. You really would need to make at least a full night or weekend to justify the setting up.

Hmmmmm, i don't think theres an easy solution.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds